You Deserve Better Internet
How many times have you been on the verge of making an amazing kill shot during a heated round of Dota 2, only to find your game lagging? Whether it is Dota 2, Counter-Strike, League of Legends, or any other game you like to play, your internet quality matters. So, if your current Internet Service Provider (ISP) is not up to the mark, it is time to bring about some changes with the best internet for gaming.
Fortunately, we have gone ahead and done some research to bring you the top internet services for smooth and lag-free gaming.
Here are your options for the best internet for gaming.
When it comes to all the different types of internet connections, an internet connection with a fiber network is the best. It’s fast, it is reliable, and that is all that matters. Accordingly, when searching for fiber internet, you need not look any further than Verizon Fios.
With a 100% fiber-optic network, Verizon Fios brings you three internet plans:
- The 100 megabytes per second plan with a one-year price guarantee for $39.99 per month.
- The 300 megabytes per second plan with a two-year price guarantee for $59.99 per month.
- The 940/880 megabytes per second Fios Gigabit plan with a three-year price guarantee for $79.99 per month.
If you are an occasional or light gamer, the basic 100 megabytes per second plan is best for you. For heavier gaming or multiple users, the 300 megabytes per second plan is much more suitable. Similarly, the Gigabit connection is perfect for those people who need insanely fast internet.
Besides that, there are a few other charges, such as the installation charges and router rent. Moreover, along with the simple internet plans, Verizon also offers bundles, which include internet, TV and a phone connection as well.
- High internet speeds
- Reliable and stable connection
- Fair prices
- Excellent customer service
- Not widely available at the moment
As far as cable internet connections go, Xfinity is definitely one of the best ones with incredibly high speeds and low latency. It offers a whole range of plans and even offers some of them without contracts.
One of the largest ISPs and widely available, it offers download speeds starting from 15 megabytes per second all the way up to 2,000 megabytes per second! Here’s how their plans go:
- The Performance Starter Internet plan with up to 15 megabytes per second for $49.95 per month.
- The Performance Internet plan with up to 60 megabytes per second for $29.99 per month.
- The Blast! Internet plan with up to 150 megabytes per second for $59.99 per month.
- The Extreme Pro Internet plan with up to 400 megabytes per second for $69.99 per month.
- The Gigabit Internet plan with up to 1,000 megabytes per second for $79.99 per month.
- The Gigabit Pro Internet plan with up to 2,000 megabytes per second for $299.95 per month.
All of the plans have a one-terabyte data cap, which can be upgraded to unlimited for an additional $50. Moreover, the plans have various features as well, such as how many devices it supports and whether it offers "no term" agreement. Even if you opt for a no-contract plan, you will still have to pay some standard fees, such as the installation charges and rental fees.
- Widely available
- Contract and no-contract options
- High speeds
- Not the best customer support
You May Also Like:
Related Search Topics (Ads)
Just because you cannot afford a fiber-optic internet connection or it is not available where you live, does not mean you cannot enjoy gaming with high speeds.
If you are tired of getting expensive internet plans that you do not even end up utilizing all the way, Cox is the way to go. They offer various plans, including high-speed as well as low-speed ones. Here’s how their plans go:
- The Starter Internet Plan with up to 10 megabytes per second download speed for $19.99 per month.
- The Essential Internet Plan with up to 30 megabytes per second download speeds for $29.99 per month.
- The Preferred Internet Plan with up to 150 megabytes per second download speed for $49.99 per month.
- The Ultimate Internet Plan with up to 300 megabytes per second download speed for $69.99 per month.
One of the best things about Cox is that you can have multiple people playing on the same network without any significant effect on internet speed. Besides that, Cox also offers bundles, which include TV, phone and other features. Additionally, you even have a 30-day money-back guarantee if you don’t like the service.
- Widely available
- Wide range of plans
- Not as fast as fiber internet services
- Doesn’t offer no-contract plans
If you really want a fiber internet connection, but cannot get Verizon Fios, you might have a chance with Frontier. Another fiber connection, Frontier offers fewer plans than Verizon, but they are pocket-friendly and have value.
Here’s what they offer:
- The Fios 50/50 plan with up to 50 megabytes per second download speed for $29.99.
- The Fios 500/500 plan with up to 500 megabytes per second download speed for $39.99.
Frontier promises a reliable and stable internet connection regardless of what time you use it. Moreover, they offer various bundles as well, which include TV and phone connections along with the internet. What’s more, they also do not impose any data caps, which is a big advantage.
Just like Verizon, however, it still has limited coverage and also charges the usual installation and equipment fees. The Frontier fiber connection plans particularly do not offer no-contract plans, but even if you do opt for them, you end up saving some money at the end.
- High-speed fiber connection
- Reliable internet
- Limited availability
Ultimately, which internet service is best for you will depend on many factors. For example, it will depend on your budget, what kind of games you play, and even what you do besides gaming, such as if you livestream.
Either way, if you do not want to die cursing your awful internet connection or getting cursed by angry teammates, you need to upgrade to a better internet service provider.
If it’s available, then we would definitely recommend a fiber-optic service such as Verizon Fios. There’s just something about that fiber speed that you cannot find anywhere else. Otherwise, if you are on a budget, Cox is no less brilliant either. Finally, considering speed, availability and price altogether, we believe Xfinity offers a complete package.